Friday, March 19, 2010

Helping the Davis Musical Theatre Company





In 2003, I ran for California governor against Arnold Schwarzenegger. A lot of people did. Among the 135 candidates -- a record, I'm sure -- was Marc Valdez, who lives in the Sacramento area. I met with him tonight at the Davis Musical Theatre Company to talk about DMTC's history, which includes some unfortunate interactions with the city council. It was a beautiful theatre with a gigantic costume department, prop room, and lots of community involvement. As a non-profit, I'd expect it to receive better treatment from the City of Davis. When I'm on City Council, it will.


Check out their shows if you're in the Davis area: http://dmtc.org/

1 comment:

  1. thank you for the very nice mention. You definitely have Jan & my vote!

    Steve Isaacson, DMTC

    ReplyDelete